Role Opening: First-Line Community and Admin Team Leader
Role (Full / Part-time): Full-time
Location: Home Based-Lives in Nairobi
Department: Community & Marketing
Closing Date: 10th October 2020
Salary: KES 30,000 (Basic ) + Commissions ( Max KES 20,000)
Hamjambo is a trusted informative brand. We have been in business for 13 years and have partnered and continue to work with genuine brands like Safaricom, HP, Lenovo, Dell, Samsung, Huawei, Oraimo, Xiaomi and Apple – amongst others to deliver delightful customer experiences across the world.
We are committed to building a future where we are connecting customers to truthful, empowering and tasteful experiences. We do this by focusing on our customers’ needs and placing them at the center of all that we do, while delivering informative and fun content-play.
We tell truth: What we have embarked on, is a journey to give our online voice including our website, hamjambo.com a fresh make over. With this and through creating helpful content, we hope to deliver a great user and customer journey experience that will ensure that customers return to Hamjambo every few days.
We are not an online shop! We are more.
We want to you to build and lead the team that builds programs to improve the Hamjambo experience for our customers who are both individuals and families. We guarantee you that by joining us, you will be challenged to grow as we scale globally and push the boundaries of what customers can expect from their online experience at hamjambo.com
To model and lead a team of ‘first line’ online-first, community builders and engaging conversationalists
Key Job Functions
- Customer Contact Management: Making/Answering/ Directing phone calls, messages on social media, email and all other communication via the CRM software
- Office Administration: Organize office operations and procedures such as information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, budgeting and other clerical services
- Reporting: Monitor and report on customer interactions, sales performance and overall activity while providing recommendations and acting as needed to increase performance
- Online Shop Management: Manage and update the online product catalogue, including setting up new products and working with team on maintaining product and category pages
- Cross Department Engagements: Work closely with other departments – Purchasing, Programmers, Projects, Product Development, Warehouse, Marketing – for feedback and input
- Customer Feedback: Analyse feedback and other sources to define and improve category strategies, product assortments, marketing and pricing
- Process Improvements: Develop and implement best practices & efficiencies in workflows while Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Issue Resolution: Address all escalated customer matters and close all customer feedback loops
- Team On-boarding: Create a rapid on-boarding process for new 5-Star team members
- Team collaboration: Foster collaboration within the team and across customer life-cycle; build and manage communities.
Experience/ Skills & Competencies/ Licences & Certifications/ Education Required Experience:
At least 2 years and above experience in a Team Leadership role or equivalent
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong readership – what book are you currently reading & which one was your last?
- Exceptional people-smarts with ability to build engaged & fun (digital) communities
- Performance management, coaching and mentoring skills
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Process-oriented, analytical and technologically savvy.
- Professional experience with various e-commerce platforms and portals a must
- Understands E-Commerce competitive set and industry best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketplace research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
- Ability to work in a fast paced, metric-centric culture.
College Diploma or Degree in any field